Wednesday, February 2, 2011

If The Shoe Fits...

I fell in love these Nine West beauties, a couple months ago, and purchased them at a sale price that could not be passed up!
I loved the idea of wearing them for our wedding!
My bridesmaids will be in black dresses and when I pick up my dress, Surprise! Black shoes!

Unfortunately, my mom was less than thrilled when I showed them to her.
I don't think it was the shoe itself as much as the fact that they were black! Even given that my dress is floor length and most people will probably not even notice, she could not get passed it.
When the topic of my wedding shoes came up at dinner with my aunts and grandma, I knew I was going to lose this battle. You should have seen their faces...BLACK shoes? This, after I had already chosen an off-white dress and opted out of the veil or tiara? How was anyone supposed to know I am the bride?!

Because I believe in compromise, and the fact that a girl can never have too many pairs of shoes, I'm afraid my black shoes have been demoted to "party shoes" and the hunt is on(again) for a nude/beige/ivory pair that will walk down the aisle AND please my mother/aunts/grandma...

Calvin Klein

Luichiny

rsvp

Badgley Mischka

rsvp
All shoe pictures courtesy of Zappos.

**If you haven't picked up on it, yet, this debacle was also the inspiration behind my blog title;)

No comments:

Post a Comment