Monday, February 28, 2011

Engagement Anniversary

One year ago, today, the most amazing man pulled off the most perfect proposal and made me the happiest girl in the world!

It was a beautiful evening in Maui, a little windy if anything, when Jordan and I arrived for our dinner reservation about an hour early. I thought nothing of it since we had discussed getting a drink at the bar before, anyways.
I remember Jordan was in such a great mood and had had me laughing all day. When he asked to go take a walk on the beach it was hard to turn him down, although, I did put up a little bit of a fight being that I was dressed up and had JUST done my hair. As usual, he insisted that I step out of my comfort zone and (literally) let my hair down.
We were talking about the amazing vacation we were having and that we wouldn't want to be there with anyone else. Jordan said he didn't want to leave and that he didn't want to leave me, after the trip. I tried to tell him that we still had 2 days left and the first rule of vacation is you NEVER talk about leaving...
That's when he shut me up by saying "Lauren, I talked to your dad before we left..."
And I knew what he was getting at.
We both agree that the story gets a little sketchier from there, but I do know he got down on one knee before reached into his pocket and pulled out a ring box and popped the question. I said "YES!", cried hysterically and the rest is history.

I can't believe it has been a year!
But, an amazing year it has been!
Here's to the man of my dreams, my best friend, and future husband(in just 82 short days!),
 Jordan,
I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment