Monday, January 17, 2011

Little Black Dress

It has been almost a year since my fiance proposed on the beach in Hawaii. Two days later, we boarded the plane for the looong flight back to Minneapolis and got right down to the details.
Among the first orders of business: the wedding party.
After battling with a man whose mantra is something like, "the more, the merrier" and truly considers every friend, relative and coworker worthy of the title, we agreed on 7 bridesmaids and 7 groomsmen (mostly because I had run out of friends, if he added any more to the list, I was going to have to start hiring for my bridesmaid positions...)
My all-star lineup of BM's include a fashion major, a "treehugger", my boho-chic sister and the girl who wore tennis shoes to our senior prom. So, when it came down to choosing the bridesmaid dresses, I knew I had my work cut out for me.
 Gone are the days of pastel bridesmaid dresses with poofy sleeves(thank god!). Their departure has made way for much more flattering styles, colors and silhouettes.
My search brought me immediately to J. Crew. If you have had the pleasure to peruse the ever-changing selection of bridesmaid dresses, you know you can't go wrong.  I narrowed it down to the silk taffeta dresses in black. From there, I let each girl pick the style that they liked best.
  • Silk taffeta bow monde dress $250

  • Silk taffeta Blakely dress $250

  • Silk taffeta Lorelei dress $215

And, they can totally wear them again!
I mean, really, who doesn't LOVE a little black dress?

1 comment:

  1. Good Ideas! I am also looking for Black BM dresses....I love the first one!

    ReplyDelete