Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Land of 10,000 lakes

 As soon as we returned home from Hawaii, I got right to planning. This was easy being that I already had mountains of wedding magazines waiting at home and images saved in a folder on my computer, something I started as a senior in high school (I told you, I LOVE weddings, right?)
 I started looking into venues and fell in love with several. I would make phone calls, send emails and get estimates from each park, pavillion and ballroom, keeping notes in my "wedding book".
 Then, Jordan would come over after work and I would sit him in front of my computer and review what I learned that day and what I considered to be the top contenders for our ceremony and reception venues. After a week or two of reasearch, it was clear he wasn't sharing in my enthusiasm for any of my final choices.
 Although, he made it clear that it was up to me and "whatever made me happy"(isn't he great?) I just didn't feel like we had found THE perfect option.
And the search continued...
 Having exhausted every venue in the Minneapolis/ St. Paul area, I mentioned to a coworker that I was out of options. She recommended looking into the resorts in the Brainerd lakes area. I loved the idea immediately. Our best memories each year are on the Minnesota lakes with friends and family.
 To be honest, I was expecting another less than enthusiastic response from my future husband when I came home with yet another venue idea. This time, to my surprise, he jumped on board! I'm not sure it was the idea of the romantic wedding on the beach between two willow trees and the serene lake as a backdrop or maybe it was the fact that the resort has an award winning golf course on it's property but either way, it was a winner!! 
 We visited a few different resorts in the area and settled on "The Knot's 2010 Best of Weddings" award winning Cragun's Resort and Hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment