Wednesday, March 16, 2011

A Special Gift


This book was handed to me at my aunt's bridal shower and described as "a little something from everyone".
Not knowing what to expect, I turned the first few pages and saw some baby pictures and my mom's handwriting followed by a card signed by my grandma, and I lost it.
I tend to be quite the softy, so it was no surprise that this sentimental gift moved me to tears.

Each invitation to the bridal shower included a blank index card with instructions to fill out the card with a memory, a favorite picture or recipe for me and send it back to the hostess, who would put them all together in this beautiful album for me.

 Each card was so personal and so special.
Love this one from my artistic sister:
And this funny recipe from my aunt:
Just to name a few...

I will cherish the entire book forever.

2 comments: